From the research and aware of the global trends and challenges presented by ensuring the availability and access to a nutritious, healthy and responsible diet in the future, Team® is promoting the adoption of the INNOVATION WITH IMPACT ON FOOD SYSTEMS concept. Because beyond the commercial success, it is important that all the efforts and developments that we make in innovation, guarantee a minimum impact on the feeding systems and impact them in a positive way.
What is the Food System?
The Food System basically refers to the set of factors, processes and actors that intervene from the planting to the disposal of food, and that individually or interactively, directly affect the availability and access to healthy, safe and sustainable food, and that on the other hand impact the environment, the economy and society in general.
Achieve sufficient impact in favor of health
- 800 million people suffer from chronic hunger.
- 2 billion face some kind of malnutrition.
- Between 2 and 2.5 billion suffer from overweight or obesity.
Change of strategy to mitigate environmental problems
- Misuse of the land.
- Agrochemicals Impacts.
- Climate change.
From Limited to Food Security (Sufficient Food)
- More amplitude is required in 'Sustainable Nutrition Security' (implies sustainability in diets and processes)
- Ensure healthy diets, create provision of nutritious food to the entire population and contribute to mitigate hunger and malnutrition.
- Mitigate negative social, economic and environmental impacts resulting from the interaction of the variables involved in the Food System (planting, consumption and disposal).
- Get involved with governments and the economy of food production.
- Ensure a 'Future-proof' innovation model.
- Create and develop initiatives aligned with massive transformation purposes.
Sustainable: mitigates the scarcity of natural resources and maintains the capacity of the planet.
Resilient: adapts to climatic changes, extreme events, even migrations.
Responsible: ensures ethics, transparency and reliability in the activities of the system.
Diverse: open to a wide range of technologies, practices, methods, cultures and models.
Competitive: it provides resources and jobs and has a positive social impact.
Inclusive: it involves all the actors of the Food System, including civil society.
In line with this development and challenges for the short, medium and long term future of these initiatives for the food industry, we are pleased to inform that Team® is already a member of FReSH (Food Reform for Sustainable Health) based in Switzerland, a joint program between EAT Foundation and WBCSD (World Business Council for Sustainable Development) designed to accelerate change and transformation in the Food System and thus achieve secure access to healthy foods for all, responsibly produced at a global level.
In other words, FReSH groups and coordinates companies throughout the world for the execution of projects in four (4) specific work fronts:
- Healthy and sustainable diets.
- Healthy and sustainable food production.
- Healthy and sustainable consumption.
- Loss and waste of nutritious food.
Likewise, being members of this program allows Team® as a company to have access to:
- Annual reports on health, nutrition and sustainability of the Food System.
- Participate in annual meetings and symposiums of members to establish and monitor progress.
- Have a Team® representative who actively participates in projects in each of the four work fronts mentioned above.
Some companies that are also part of the FreSH program:
Unilever, Nestle, Pepsico, Danone, Kellog's, BCG, Bayer, Syngenta, DSM, DuPont, IFF, Givaudan, Firmenich, among others.
In Team® we continue with the conviction and certainty that research and innovation must be at the service of humanity, that the change is in all of us and that from the industry we must remain committed supporting this type of initiatives that in this special case reaffirm and strengthen our business mission to feed a better tomorrow.