Today we open the door for you to know the process behind the production of a 100% virgin oil and full of multiple benefits.
World's largest coconut producers.
- Indonesia 41%
- Philippines 21%
- Malaysia 19%
- Sri Lanka 2%
And where do the coconuts used to produce oil come from?
From Sri Lanka
Having the perfect climate all year round makes this country the fourth producer and exporter of coconut in the world. This allows us to result in 100% virgin fresh coconut oil during all seasons of the year.
What kind of coconut is used in the production of oil?
Ideal for the production of oil and dry fruit. Contains less water than Coco Packaged and its taste is little sweet.
What is the manufacturing process?
- The entire shell is removed.
- The residue from the shell is cleaned until the pulp is completely white.
- The pulp is taken to water tanks to wash it.
- It goes to a mill where it is cut into small pieces.
- It is passed to an oven where the coconut is dried and converted into copra (Dry pulp of the coconut used to extract coconut oil).
- It takes the copra and it is taken to a mill where it is processed to become flour.
- With this coconut meal a cold pressing process is carried out.
- From there you get 100% virgin coconut oil.
What does it consist of?
Process by which a material is compacted at low temperatures to extract a liquid.
The ideal temperature to perform this process is between 27º C and 49º C, it is very important to keep these temperatures, because if it increases the temperature can affect the purity of the oil.
What are its benefits?
In the process of cold pressing does not use any type of substance other than the ingredient from which the oil will be extracted. This results in 100% extra virgin oil.
Data that may interest you!
8 groovy coconuts = 1 liter of oil (on average).
1 coconut groovy = 60% oil. (on average).